Kings Mills Infrastructure Improvement Project
Deerfield Township, Ohio – Deerfield Township, in partnership with the Warren County Engineer’s Office, Warren County Water & Sewer, the Deerfield Regional Stormwater District, and the Ohio Public Works Commission, is planning capital improvements to multiple roads and infrastructure within the Kings Mills portion of the township. The total project cost of all improvements is estimated to be approximately $8 million.
This project will be done in several phases. A map showing the phases can be found here. The phases are estimated to be worked on according to the following annual schedule:
- Phase 1: 2021
- Phase 2: 2022
- Phase 3: 2023
- Phase 4: 2024
- Phase 5: 2025
The first phase of this construction will make improvements to College Street and a portion of Miami Street. The project will include the replacement and expansion of aged and failing infrastructure, to include roadways, curb and gutter, sidewalk, watermain, and storm sewer.
The cost of Phase I is estimated to be approximately $1.5 million. Deerfield Township is seeking funding from the Ohio Public Works Commission to cover 49% of the cost of the improvements for Phase I. The remainder of the cost (51%) is being covered through a combination of funds from Deerfield Township, Warren County Engineering Department, Warren County Water and Sewer, and the Deerfield Regional Stormwater District. Additional grants will be sought to assist with the future phases of the project.
Updates on the progress of this project will be able to be found by visiting our Major Projects Map.
Additional attachments and project details can be found at:
- Public Works Integrating Committee Pre-Application for Financial Assistance
- A Resolution Authorizing Deerfield Township to Prepare and Submit an Application to Participate in the Ohio Public Works Commission State Capital Improvement and/or Local Transportation Improvement Program(s) and to Execute Contracts as Required
- OPWC Cooperation Agreement – Kings Mills Infrastructure Improvement Project Phase I